Thursday, January 22, 2009

The past few months I haven't been very motivated to write in my blog. Some days it feels like I have nothing to say; other days there's so much and I feel too impatient to take the time to write about it. At least I've been good about keeping my personal diary up to date and that's all that really matters. ;)

Anyway, I don't feel like backtracking but I will say that we had a wonderful Christmas and were able to spend the day with both sides of the family. Shane got me Britney Spears' fabulous new CD (which I knew about, because I peeked- shhh, don't tell!!!) and I'm having a total brain fart right now and can't remember what I got him, but I'm sure it was amazing.

I'm actually glad that we didn't spend too much on Christmas this year because the day after, we found out that the store I'm working for would be closing. Sad day. I really did cry, because I've had this job practically since I graduated high school, and have gotten to know everyone so well and I really do consider them my best friends. I guess that's what happens when you work 8 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week with someone for 2 years straight. I will really, really miss them and hope we stay in touch.

So lately my day has gone as such: go to work, come home, apply for jobs, then Shane comes home and he looks up jobs for me on one computer while I look for more on the other. Needless to say, this routine does not give me a whole lot to write about but I promise that I'll post pictures of the house soon for those of you who still read this, like Nan and Melissa :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey Lindsey! Sorry about your job. When are they closing? I'll keep my eyes and ears open and let you know if I hear of anything.