I keep updating my blog's background but I've been told that that doesn't count, so here's a real update. ;) Let's see, it's only been three months since my last post so give me a minute while I think about all the things that have transpired since then...
My sister and I spent almost 2 weeks in Snoqualmie, Washington towards the end of May. Unfortunately, Shane had to work. He was missed, and definitely missed out. :( We shopped at some really fun and unique stores (my aunt has amazing taste), stuffed ourselves with good food, enjoyed the beautiful scenery and spent a lot of quality time with those family members we don't get to see very often. It was really hard to leave. Shane and I are already planning for another trip. It won't be for a while, of course, but it's always worth it when we get to go to Washington!
I've also been on a painting kick. The master bedroom, guest bathroom and the formal living/dining room now have color on the walls and it's amazing the difference it makes. It's really starting to feel like home! Eventually, the color that's in the living room/dining room will extend throughout the entire house (the kitchen, family room and hallway at least) but eh, I've worn myself out for a while. Besides, it's Shane's turn and he wants to start working on the backyard. I guess that's only fair. ;) By the way, we've officially been in our house for a year! I read some of my older posts and think it's funny that I worried so much about whether or not we'd get into a house. Things always work out. And even if we didn't buy a house, even if we ended up having to live in an apartment for several years--there's nothing wrong with that!! There are some days I really do miss our apartment, believe it or not....
Anyway, seeing as it's been a year since we purchased our house, that means it's been two years since we were married! Crazy!! Next Tuesday, September 15th, is the exact date. Some days it feels like we've been together forever and other days it feels like we walked out of the temple doors just yesterday! To celebrate we'll be staying at the Wyndham Resort in Sedona. I was really surprised when Shane told me because we honestly hadn't planned on doing much! I'm so excited!
That's pretty much it for now. I'll try really hard to write again next week when we have some pictures of Sedona. Life is good!


3 comments:
I can't believe it's already been two years. That is CRAZY. I swear I was at your reception just last weekend!
Happy Anniversary! Your WA trip, home decorating, and life sounds truly wonderful. :) I've got to come visit you soon. Have a great time in Sedona! Love & hugs to you, always!!!
Hey cute gal. Found you through your sil's blog...hope it's okay. Just wanted to say, we've stayed at the Wyndham Resort in Sedona twice now and LOVE it! Hope you have a fabulous anniversary trip! : )
Post a Comment