Monday, March 10, 2008

Poor Steve


Meet Steve, our 2008 Corolla. We shared five magical weeks with him before rear-ending a fellow Toyota on the 101 North and Union Hills. That's a new PR for me! I went six months before getting in an accident in my Ford (and it wasn't my fault, I swear).



Shane's in Tucson so it was up to me to drive Steve to Auto Body World. I don't drive stick very well (I won't even move Steve out of the driveway if I don't have to) but I made it the whole way without stalling. The car was making funny noises, though, and I kept picturing that scene from Tommy Boy where the hood of the car flies up and they swerve all over the road. Anyway, I made it okay and everyone should be proud. :)

Besides the fact that our brand new car's broken, I had a fantastic day. Bree and Mani and I ate lunch at Chilis, after which we hit up the Big Apple Bagels Cafe. We drank smoothies, went shoe shopping and looked for new Sunday dresses. I had fun.

Then, after dinner, Shane called to tell me about his day. This week his class is practicing self -defense so he was pretty beat. He's happy that he's losing weight, though. He's lost about 10 lbs so far and he still has five more weeks of the academy to go.

Overall, life is good. We've been so blessed. Shane has a steady job and I am working on one - 11 more months till I graduate school! We have new cars, a roof over our heads, money for our bills, and we have each other. Sometimes customers at work or people I don't know very well see my wedding ring and give me a bad time about being young and married, but I love it. It's fun to make decisions and see the results and learn from our mistakes. And when we see everything start to come together, it makes it all worth it.

No comments: